Almond Roots: A delicious summer drink inspired by Lecce coffee
If you are a coffee lover and looking for a refreshing summer drink full of flavour, then you have to try the 'Almond Roots'. This delicacy is inspired by the famous Leccese coffee, a traditional drink of Salento, in Puglia. The Almond Roots combines the intensity of an espresso made with specialty coffee with the soft and creamy almond milk, the addition of liquid sugar and ice for a cold and irresistible drink.
Caffè leccese is famous for its unique taste and its method of preparation. Traditionally, it is served with ice and a generous amount of almond milk, which gives the drink a delicate and aromatic flavour. Almond Roots maintains the authenticity of this classic recipe, but with a slight twist to make it even more special.
Here's how to make Almond Roots at home:
- 1 double shot of specialty espresso (you can choose our MammaMia blend or One.Espresso Process Blend)
- 100ml of almond milk
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid sugar (or according to your taste)
- Crushed ice
- Prepare the double shot of specialty espresso using your favorite coffee machine.
- Pour the hot espresso into a tall glass filled about a third with crushed ice.
- Add the almond milk to the glass, filling up the rest of the glass.
- Add the liquid sugar and stir gently to make sure it dissolves well.
- Taste the drink and, if necessary, add more liquid sugar according to your taste.
- Add a straw and a couple of ice cubes to keep your drink chilled for longer.
- Stir gently before enjoying your Almond Roots.